Sunday, October 14, 2012

Simple Pumpkin Cake

I found this simple cake recipe online, and then adapted the recipe by coming up with my own icing. It can be a fairly light recipe as it has no oil or eggs in it, and I used light Cool Whip and light cream cheese in the icing as well. I liked it, and my husband ate two pieces as soon as it was ready, so I am going to say it passed the test. :)
Simple Pumpkin Cake

Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
½ block (4 oz.) cream cheese
1 container Cool Whip
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 7 x 11 baking pan with cooking spray. Mix together cake mix and pumpkin with mixer until well blended. Spread into 7 x 11 pan and bake for 25 min. Let cake cool, then mix together cream cheese, Cool Whip, and cinnamon with mixer. Spread over cake and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment