Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cinnamon Baked Apples

I know it's been forever since I posted a recipe. The nature of my job is that mid August through November are much busier than the rest of the year. I've been coming home tired and stressed and although I still cooked, I haven't been able to put the energy into trying new things, taking pictures, etc. for my blog. But, with the arrival of fall, there are so many wonderful foods to go along with this time of year I had to make some time. This recipe is one that my grandma used to make. I never actually had the recipe, so I did some experimenting and have figured it out. It's perfect for a fall side dish or even dessert.

 
Cinnamon Baked Apples

Ingredients
4 large apples
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cinnamon red hot candies
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Peel apples, cut in half, and remove cores. Place core side up in the baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon the brown sugar mixture into the center of each apple half. Top each apple with red hots. Bake for 35-40 minutes. 

The toppings will melt a little forming a delicious syrup that will run over the sides of the apple a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment