Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chocolate Coca Cola Cake


I like to make cakes for my friends at work on their birthdays. My friend Laura requested a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. My love for Coca Cola  had led me to a recipe for chocolate cake that uses Coca Cola. I made it a few years ago, and it was pretty good. So, I got it out, but decided it needed some more chocolate and a few tweaks. So, I adapted it, and it was amazing. It's moist, chocolatey, and delicious. You would really have no idea it has Coke in it, just that it's an awesome chocolate cake. It was a huge hit at work. So, I ended up making another one this weekend. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

CHOCOLATE COCA COLA CAKE


Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 ¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
6 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
½ cup buttermilk
1 cup Coca Cola
2 cups miniature marshmallows

Directions: With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Then, mix in eggs and vanilla on medium speed. Add flour, baking soda, and cocoa, and mix again until well blended. Mix in buttermilk and Coca Cola on low speed until thoroughly blended. Stir in marshmallows by hand. Pour batter into greased 13"x9" pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.


CHOCOLATE COCA COLA ICING: Once cake has cooled completely, combine 1/2 cup softened butter, 4-5 tablespoons cocoa, 1/3 to 1/2 cup Coca Cola, and 4-5 cups powdered sugar in small mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. (If it’s too thick, add more Coca Cola; if it’s too runny, add more powdered sugar). Spread on cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment