Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce (With Meat)



This is the spaghetti sauce my mom has made since I was a child and has always been one of my favorite foods. My mom never really wrote down her recipe, and I never did until now. I always just watched her make it and then started making it on my own. So, she may add a few different spices, but this is basically it.  

Spaghetti Sauce
 (With Meat)
Ingredients
1.5 lbs lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
¼ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. salt
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (6 oz ) can tomato paste
¾ cup water
1 tsp. sugar

Directions
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, add beef and onion and cook until beef is browned. Drain, then put back into pot. Add the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt. Cook 5-10 more minutes. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, and sugar and stir well. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over hot cooked spaghetti noodles. 


If you don't have a fresh onion you can use minced onion. You can also use minced garlic instead  of garlic powder. If you like tomato chunks, you can add a can of diced tomatoes. I have also added green peppers before to make it spicier. It is easily adapted to make however you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment