Monday, January 16, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

I have been looking for a good, easy chicken noodle soup recipe for a long time. I have not been able to find one that I really thought looked good without having to cook a whole chicken and having to put forth more work that I want to for a weekday meal. So, after looking at some other recipes for inspiration, and coming up with my own ideas, I created this recipe and tried it for the first time today. I'm not one to brag, but this soup turned out so good I cannot call it anything less than amazing. This is a perfect comfort food for a cold winter day.



Simple Chicken Noodle Soup
(Slow Cooker)

Ingredients
4 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb. egg noodles
1-2 cups water

Directions
1.     In slow cooker, stir together chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, onion, celery, garlic powder onion powder, parsley, Mrs. Dash, salt, and pepper. Add raw chicken breasts. Cook on high for 4 hours or low 7 hours.
2.     Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker, shred, and return to slow cooker.
3.     Add dry noodles along with 2 cups water to slow cooker and stir in well. Cook one additional hour on high, then serve.

Special Recommendations: For the egg noodles, I like to use Amish-made dried noodles, but any dried egg noodles will work.
You can also use this same recipe but use dried dumplings instead of egg noodles to make chicken and dumplings.
And, if you have time and talent, I guess you could make your own noodles, but don’t ask for my advice on that because that is one thing I have not attempted… yet, anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment