Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Alfredo Sauce


I did spaghetti sauce yesterday, so I thought to day I would post my other homemade pasta sauce- Alfredo sauce. I used to think I didn't like Alfredo sauce- but I found out really it was Alfredo sauce from a jar that I didn't like. After having it homemade, I realized how much I love it. So, I had to come up with a way to make it. I experimented and adapted some different recipes and this is what I came up with.

Alfredo Sauce
Ingredients
2 cups half and half
2 sticks butter or margarine
8 oz. softened cream cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. pepper

Directions
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until smooth, then bring to soft boil and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let thicken. (It will be soupy at first, but will thicken as it cools.) Serve over fettuccine noodles. 

You can also add chicken, vegetables, or whatever you want if you don't want it just plain. Although, it's tasty enough to stand on it's own with the noodles for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment