Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bisquick Bacon Egg Cheese Casserole


This is a recipe my mom has been making since I was a child. I have varied the amounts of certain ingredients a bit, but basically I make it the same way. It makes a great breakfast casserole, but we usually have it for dinner. It is also a great way to use leftover ham if you use that in place of the bacon.
Bisquick Bacon Egg Cheese Casserole
Ingredients
3 cups Bisquick
1 cup cold water
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ lb. Bacon- cooked and crumbled, or 1-2 cups of chopped ham, whichever you prefer
4 eggs
½ cup milk
½ tsp. salt

Directions
Heat oven to 425. Grease 9x13 baking dish. Mix Bisquick and water until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Gently smooth into ball on floured cloth-covered surface. Knead 10 times. Pat into dish, pressing up ½ inch on sides. Top with cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Mix remaining ingredients, pour over top. Bake for 20 to 25 min.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe Sarah... Thanks.

    I added a few goodies to the egg mixture:
    1/2 cup each red and green bell peppers
    1/2 cup diced onion
    2 cloves minced garlic (I used a press)

    I know, it's not very kid friendly but they ain't gettin' none...lol

    ReplyDelete