Friday, June 8, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies






I have been trying for literally seven years to perfect a chocolate chip cookie recipe to be just right for my taste. I have tried countless alterations in ingredients and amounts. I do not like hard, crunchy cookies. I like moist, soft, and chewy ones. It has been quite a quest of looking at many other people's recipes and combining them to come up with one that is just what I wanted. But, I am proud to announce I think I finally have it right. By using a combination of margarine and shortening, using dark brown sugar, and more of it than white sugar, and by adding a seemingly odd ingredient- cornstarch, these things really made the difference in texture.
So, here it is...


Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients: 
½ cup margarine, softened 
½ cup Crisco
3/4 cup dark brown sugar 
1/4 cup granulated sugar 
2 eggs 
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon milk 
2 cups all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
2 cups chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. With a mixer, cream together butter, Crisco, and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add eggs,vanilla, and milk and blend in. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. 
Makes around 3 dozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment