Thursday, June 14, 2012

Corn Chowder

This is probably more of a winter recipe, but I eat things all summer that allow me to use a slow cooker that doesn't heat up the whole kitchen. I had leftover ham I was trying to use, and this was perfect. I actually normally make it with bacon, but the ham was just as good.


Corn Chowder
(Slow Cooker)
Ingredients:
4 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 can cream style corn
1 can regular corn, drained (or 2 cups frozen)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red pepper, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled, or one cup diced ham, whichever you prefer
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low for 8 hours. Mash potatoes with a masher or fork before serving. Stir well, then serve.
It tastes great topped with shredded cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment