Sunday, January 13, 2013

Breaded Cheddar Chicken

 I finally have a new recipe up. I apologize for the long delay. What happened was, I am pregnant now, and for the first few months, I have been so exhausted that even when I did have the energy to cook, taking the extra steps to type the recipe, take the pictures, etc. was too much. Combined with the fact that I was having some food aversions and only wanted to eat the same things for awhile, it just really wasn't the best time to be blogging about food. But, now, I am in my second trimester, I am feeling better, and for now it seems the aversions are gone, so I am back at it again, Unfortunately, I missed the holiday season, which is a great time for cooking, but I will get over than and just move on to more new recipes.
So, here is a delicious one I made last week...

Breaded Cheddar Chicken
Ingredients
2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg
2 Tablespoons milk
4 uncooked chicken breasts
4 Tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking spray in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Mix breadcrumbs and 1 cup of the cheese in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Dip the chicken in the egg/ milk mixture, then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Lay in the baking dish. Top each chicken breast with remaining cheese. Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment