Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Crock Pot Lasagna

Lasagna is not something I had ever tried in a Crock Pot. I saw a recipe for it recently, and I was a little nervous to try it because I wasn't sure how it would turn out with the noodles being uncooked. But, I should not have worried, because it turned out great! I made it using my own lasagna that I would use if I were making it in the oven, but I just put it in the Crock Pot and didn't cook the noodles first. I served it to some friends, who also thought it was pretty tasty. Here is the recipe:


Crock Pot Lasagna
Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
¼ tsp. pepper
2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 (6 oz ) can tomato paste
1 (8 oz) pkg. lasagna noodles, uncooked
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
½ cup water


Directions
Spray the inside of a 6 quart crock-pot with cooking spray. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, along with the chopped onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Stir the tomato sauce and tomato paste in with the ground beef. In a separate bowl, stir together the cheeses and the water, set aside. Spread about 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot. Cover meat sauce with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (you will have to break them to make them fit.). Then, top the noodles with a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers, beginning with the meat sauce again. Keep repeating layers. It will make 3-4 layers, depending on the shape of your Crock Pot, how thick you make the layers, etc.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment