Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Enchildas


I found a recipe recently for Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas. I had intended to just make it, but then I decided I wanted to change over half of it, so I ended up throwing it away and just making up my own. I just took the title "Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas" and made it into what I thought that should mean. So, this is what I came up with...


Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
½ cup green onions, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
1 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 cup sour cream
½ of a ranch dressing mix packet
8-10 flour tortillas (fajita size)
Mexican shredded cheese blend

While cooking chicken, sauté green onions and peppers in vegetable oil.
In the meantime, pour entire can of enchilada sauce into a bowl. Stir in ¼ cup of the buffalo wing sauce into the enchilada sauce, and then set aside. In another bowl, mix together the sour cream, the remaining ¾ cup of buffalo wing sauce, ½ packet of ranch dressing mix, and then stir in the sautéed onions, peppers and cooked chicken. Fill each tortilla with the chicken mixture, roll, and place in greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce evenly over the top. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, and it's ready to serve. 

I thought about it, and it might make more sense to use crumbled blue cheese as he topping instead of Mexican cheese, but I used what I had in the house. So, you can make it with blue cheese and it might be better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment