Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spicy Chicken Taco Chili






I found a recipe similar to this recently, and I decided to tweak it and make it the way I thought it would be best. I tried it today and it turned out great. It looks like it will probably freeze well too, which is good for me because with it being just my husband and me, we can't always finish off a full pot of soup even with both eating leftovers. So, I like to freeze leftovers from something easy to grab for a packed lunch, or a quick dinner when I am not feeling like cooking.



Spicy Chicken Taco Chili
(Slow Cooker)

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 (16-oz) can black beans, drained
1 (16-oz) can kidney beans, drained
2  (16 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (10 oz) can corn
2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 packet or 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
Combine beans, onion, pepper, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Add whole chicken breasts and cover. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.

No comments:

Post a Comment